St. John Bosco Catholic School uses the Dynamic Physical Education curriculum and incorporates Physical Best in our lessons. The DPE program exposes children to a wide variety of activities in a process rather than product oriented format.
We are honored to have Brett Caradonna as our Certified Physical Education teacher. Endurance is the Gospel Value chosen by the PE department to emphasize in the P.E. curriculum.
Physical Best activities help students learn the “why” of physical fitness and activities. Our program objectives include:
- Movement Concepts, Safe Practices, and Fundamental Skills
- Physical Fitness
- Interpersonal Skills & Diversity
- Lifetime Physical Activity
- Sports – Team, Individual, Lifetime
Each co-ed PE class consists of 30 minutes of instruction as follows:
- Intro Activity (3-5 minutes)
- Fitness Development (7-10 minutes)
- Lesson Focus (7-10 minutes)
- Game/Closing Activity (5-7 minutes)
After-School Sports Programs for 5th – 8th
- Flag Football
Physical Education Wish List
The PE / Athletic Dept would like to thank all of the parents, students and faculty who have been so generous in years past in building/maintaining our athletic facilities and improving our equipment for our students.
The following items are requested in order for us to maintain our curriculum standards through Health and Fitness.
- Exercise Bands (Xertubes) p. 280 [Flaghouse]
- Yellow – (Qty 8) Very Light Resistance
- Red (4 Qty) – Light Resistance
- Green (4 Qty) – Med Resistance
- Blue (8 Qty) – Heavy Resistance
- Hula Hoops ( 48 Qty) Dollar Store
- Stop Watches (6 Qty) p. 192 Mark 1 [US Games ]
- Sports Athletic Tape (12 rolls) Sports Authority & DICKS Sporting Goods
- Frisbees 36 Spinjammers
They are available for purchase at: www.Flaghouse.com and www.USGames.com.