Blue Willo Catering is pleased to bring its lunch services to the families of St. John Bosco Catholic School. Blue Willo was started by a St. Theresa’s parent and currently provides meals to other Catholic schools in the Diocese. Their mission is to make children as passionate about eating their food as they are about making it. Their menu runs the gamut from healthy “kid favorites” to sophisticated culinary creations.
At lunchtime, kids are encouraged to make their own choices on fruits and vegetables. We strive to offer seasonally available local and organic produce. By allowing kids to choose from our salad bar of fresh-cut fruits, vegetables, the importance of fresh, natural food is reinforced. And through providing kids opportunities to see and taste new foods we expand their food horizons.
After your children’s lunches are ordered, all they have to do is go to the lunch counter and identify themselves to the parent/employee on the other side. This parent/employee will have a list with the student’s name for that day. Once they receive the entree, they will go through the rest of the counter picking their choice of bottled water or low fat milk then proceed to the salad bar. We feel that if left up to the child they are more likely to not only choose fresh fruit and salad but also eat it then if we were to force it on the plate.
Questions & Answers
What is the deadline for placing online orders?
Orders must be placed by 12 p.m. the Saturday prior to service week of meal date wanted. (Example: For lunch on Wednesday, lunch must be ordered the Saturday prior at 12:00 p.m.)
How do I cancel a meal that I placed online?
Meals can be cancelled until 9:00 p.m. the night before the day for which the meals were ordered. After the 9:00 p.m. all sales are final. (Example: Monday’s lunch must be cancelled by Sunday at 9:00 p.m.)
To cancel a meal, log in to your account. On the main page there is a “Meals Order” section there you will see a link that says “cancel” next to the days for which you have ordered. Click on this link and confirm that you would like to cancel this meal. A credit for the value of the meal(s) will be added to your account.
How do I pay for walk-in lunches?
There are two ways to pay for walk in hot lunch. One is to leave a check at the front office of the school made out to Blue Willo or have your child hand cash or check to lunch staff at time of lunch.
What do I do if my child has allergies to certain foods?
Please send us an email with your child’s information and concerns. We will monitor your child’s weekly orders and provide an equally well balanced substitution.
What forms of payment do you accept?
We highly suggest that you use the website to do all of your ordering with your credit or debit card. It keeps costs down to a minimal. With our program we can access each day’s list of who has ordered and properly control food and labor costs which are passed along to you. We will accept order’s with a check. All checks must be made out to Blue Willo and please note any returned checks will have a returned check fee of the amount of original check plus a fee of $50.00. We will no longer accept checks from any parent with a returned check.
We will not sell or disclose any contact information submitted through our site to any third party. All personal information will be kept confidential. We will only use your contact information to correspond with you about important matters concerning our lunch program.
- All menu items are subject to change based upon availability of quality ingredients and to accommodate special school events.
- A 3% transaction fee will be added to every order. This fee covers the cost of processing your payment.
- All Meals come with Seasonal Fresh Fruit and Organic Salad bar, and beverage.
- Drink choice are low-fat white milk, low-fat chocolate milk, low-fat strawberry milk, or Bottled Water.
- Teachers cannot take money. Please pay for your meals online.
- Orders must be placed by 12 p.m. Saturday prior to service week. (Example August 11 at noon for the week of August 13-17)
- No refunds will be given; credit will be issued for canceled meals.
- Meals must be canceled by 9:00 p.m. the night before the day for which the meals were ordered. After the 9:00 p.m. all sales are final.
- Due to Health Code policies, personal food items cannot be held in the kitchen refrigerator or reheated by kitchen staff.