Scrip is the easiest, best way for St. John Bosco to raise money on a consistent basis. It’s simple.
Like a gift certificate, Scrip is used by our families to purchase goods and services at hundreds of national and local establishments, including leading retail stores, travel services, grocery stores and restaurants. SJB receives a percentage of sales. Best of all, participation is really easy; we are only asking you to buy gift cards to places where you would spend money anyway!
The Scrip program is a very important fundraiser here at St. John Bosco. Families have the possibility of earning partial or several months of tuition credit through active Scrip participation, in addition to offsetting on-going costs at SJB. This is a great way to reduce your tuition cost. It is a win/win program at no cost to you, because the Scrip certificates act the same as cash at the merchants around the valley and the country!
The SJB Scrip program expects each family to meet a minimum $150.00 profit/contribution for the 2020-2021 school year. Once this profit/contribution has been met, any subsequent profit is split 50/50 between SJB and the family and may be used to offset future FACTS payments or registration fees. Scrip credit cannot be applied to previous payments. The SJB Scrip year is from March 18, 2020 to March 17, 2021.
How Scrip Works:
- SJB purchases gift cards at a discount, usable for shopping, merchandise, food, and services.
- Families purchase these gift cards at face value from our Scrip team at SJB.
- The discount or profit, which ranges from 1.5% to 40%, is then split 50/50 between SJB and the family after $150.00 in profit is accumulated, or immediately with a $150.00 tax-deductible donation to SJB.
- Need a special order? Check out the lists from our vendors: ShopWithScrip (Great Lakes Scrip).
Scrip Works for Three Reasons:
- The participating retailers are stores where you already shop all the time.
- SJB parents can help without spending an extra dime.
- Many parents are looking for a new way to contribute – they are tired of buying unwanted or unnecessary items like cookies, candy, gift-wrap, and magazines.
It is EASY to participate! It just takes some planning.
- You may enter your order and pay online with a credit card with our new Formstack option! Please visit sjb.formstack.com/forms/scrip to choose the cards you would like to purchase. Enter your credit card information and select your choice to pick up your order in the office or have it sent home with your child.
- Another alternative is to pick up an order form at the front office or download the form here and return your completed form and payment to the front office. Our Scrip Team will fill your order and contact you when it is ready.
- Don’t have time to stop by our office? Email or call (480.219.4846) us with your order. You may send in a check with your child or we can take your credit card information over the phone. Scrip can be sent home with your child at the end of the school day with your permission. Download the permission form here.
- You may also enroll in the electronic scrip program, where scrip is instantly available through your computer/form. Find instructions on how to set up your account here.
- Remember to carry the Scrip with you anytime you plan to shop, eat out, or travel!
Scrip Office Hours
Please note: Due to COVID-19, we are currently refraining from opening the Scrip window. All orders must be placed online through Formstack, emailed to the Scrip Office, or dropped off at the school office. We will email you immediately when your order is ready for pick up or when it has been sent home with your child.
Do you have questions? Contact us!