Certified Teacher: Brett Caradonna
St. John Bosco Catholic School uses the Dynamic Physical Education curriculum and incorporates Physical Best in our lessons. The DPE program exposes children to a wide variety of activities in a process rather than product oriented format. Physical Best activities help students learn the “why” of physical fitness and activities. Our program objectives include:
- Movement Concepts, Safe Practices, and Fundamental Skills
- Physical Fitness
- Interpersonal Skills & Diversity
- Lifetime Physical Activity
- Sports – Team, Individual, Lifetime
Each PE class consists of 35- 50 minutes of instruction and starting in 3rd grade the classes are divided by gender.
- Intro Activity (3-5 Minutes)
- Fitness Development (10-12 minutes)
- Lesson Focus (20-25 minutes)
- Game (10-12 minutes)
Endurance is the Gospel Value chosen by the PE department to emphasize in the P.E. curriculum.
After-School Sports Programs for 5th – 8th
Physical Education Wish List
The PE / Athletic Dept would like to thank all of the parents, students and faculty who have been so generous in years past in building/maintaining our athletic facilities and improving our equipment for our students.
The following items are requested in order for us to maintain our curriculum standards through Health and Fitness.
- Exercise Bands (Xertubes) p. 280 [Flaghouse]
- Yellow – (Qty 8) Very Light Resistance
- Red (4 Qty) – Light Resistance
- Green (4 Qty) – Med Resistance
- Blue (8 Qty) – Heavy Resistance
- Hula Hoops ( 48 Qty) Dollar Store
- Stop Watches (6 Qty) p. 192 Mark 1 [US Games ]
- Sports Athletic Tape (12 rolls) Sports Authority & DICKS Sporting Goods
- Frisbees 36 Spinjammers
They are available for purchase here: