Scrip is the easiest, best way for St. John Bosco to raise money on a consistent basis. It’s simple. Like a gift certificate, Scrip is used by our families to purchase goods and services at hundreds of national and local establishments, including leading retail stores, travel services, grocery stores and restaurants. SJB receives a percentage of sales. Best of all, participation is really easy; we are only asking you to buy gift cards to places where you would spend money anyway!
The Scrip program is a very important fundraiser here at St. John Bosco. Families have the possibility of earning partial or several months of tuition credit through active Scrip participation, in addition to offsetting on-going costs at SJB. This is a great way to reduce your tuition cost. It is a win/win program at no cost to you, because the Scrip certificates act the same as cash at the merchants around the valley and the country!
How Scrip Works
- SJB purchases gift cards at a discount, good for shopping, merchandise, food and services. The list is quite extensive. Need a special order? Check out the lists from our vendors: The Manna Group or Scrip.
- Families purchase the Scrip certificate at face value from our Scrip team at SJB.
- The discount or profit, which ranges from 1.5% to 40%, is then split between SJB and the family 50/50 after $100 in profit is accumulated, or immediately with a $100, tax-deductible donation to SJB.
Scrip works for three reasons:
- The participating retailers are stores where you already shop all the time.
- SJB parents can help without spending an extra dime.
- Many parents are looking for a new way to contribute – they’re tired of buying unwanted or unnecessary items like cookies, candy, gift-wrap and magazines.
Scrip Office Hours
Monday and Wednesday: 2:30 – 3:15 pm
Tuesday and Thursday: 7:30 – 8:15 am
Friday: 12:00 – 12:45 pm
Do you have questions? Contact us!
It is EASY to participate! It just takes some planning.
- Pick up an order form at the front office or outside at the Scrip office during regular office hours. You can also download a form here.
- Fill out the form and return it with a check, cash or credit card.
- Bring your form and payment to the Scrip office during our regular hours and pick up your cards.
- Don’t have time to stop by our office? Email or call us with your order; you can send a check in with your child or we can take your credit card information over the phone. Scrip can be sent home with your child at the end of the school day with your permission. Download the permission form here.
- Remember to carry the Scrip with you anytime you plan to shop, eat out or travel!
For the 2017 – 18 school year, the SJB Scrip program will expect each family to meet a minimum $100.00 profit/contribution. After this profit/contribution has been met, the subsequent profit is split 50/50 between SJB and the family, to be used to offset future FACTS payments or registration fees. Scrip credit can not be applied to payments that have been previously made. The SJB Scrip year goes from March 18, 2017 to March 17, 2018.